Wanted: store manager
MENDO staff wanted
MENDO – a candy store for book aficionados – is looking for a store manager (4 days or more) who knows MENDO and is able to comprehend what we represent. You are a tidy, positive type of guy / girl with eye for beauty and detail and a passion for books.
What you will do
• Make customers feel at home and encourage them to buy
• Lead, plan and coordinate daily operations in store
• Use your enthusiasm and knowledge of our books to best advise our clients
• Responsible for orders, (webshop) deliveries, styling, stock and inventory
What we ask from you
• Natural and authentic service
• At least 2 years of store (managing) experience for a high end retail brand
• Eye for detail and beauty
• A strong passion for MENDO’s book collection
• A desire to share your excitement about our books
• A smile at times
What you get from us
• Attractive working hours
• A proper hourly salary
• A pretty unique working environment
If you are interested and you believe you fit the profile, send us your CV and motivation.
"I hope you can live with the guilt of having tempted a jobless to spend money he doesn't have in order to buy stuff he actually doesn't need to enjoy…
Halfway there, we look back at the worldwide TINAFSSB tour of Adam Katz Sinding
Photographer Adam Katz Sinding is traveling around the world to celebrate the launch of This Is Not A F*cking Street Style Book - a MENDO | teNeues publication. Now that…
David Bailey’s retrospective will be the newest addition to our collection of Limited Editions. There's more to these books than size alone – they are coveted and exclusive, and with…
At MENDO, we love to be inspired by everything visual. The images in this edition of visual inspiration were selected by Roy Rietstap, Co-founder of MENDO.
At MENDO we're often asked about our favorite books. This is Mikel’s most recent selection.
Every Thursday at 2PM, MENDO's Roy and Gunifort will be coming to you live on Instagram from our new store at De L'Europe Amsterdam with an insider's take on the…
Books to celebrate Pride
Pride is a word we value very much at MENDO. It’s one of our eleven commandments, and it is a word that stands for much more than just what we…
You're welcome to visit MENDO at Nieuwe Doelenstraat 10 in Amsterdam. We're open from Tuesday to Sunday.
The best images from books at MENDO
Visual Inspiration #3 is all about the use of Illustrations in books.
Tim Walker, whose new book Shoot for the Moon is coming out soon, is a fashion photographer who is not interested in fashion at all. In this profile of the…